top of page
The Tryon Cemetery is the final resting place of some of Tryon's earliest residents. Located at 425 Markham Road, 3.3 acres were initially bought in 1892 by local residents and donated to the town for a public cemetery. The property became an active cemetery in 1900 and the Tryon Cemetery Commission was established in 1923. Grant money allocated by the Polk County Commissioners is working to remove nonnative plants from this site.
bottom of page