GARRISON BAPTIST CHURCH

The Garrison Baptist Church was established in 1877 and at first was located on Hwy. 108 near the present-day location of McFarland’s Funeral Home, but the church has occupied a foundational location on Markham Road in Tryon’s Eastside neighborhood since the early 1920s.  A half-acre lot of kudzu and bamboo is currently in process of being removed with the financial efforts of parishioners of the church and grant money supplied by the Appearance Commission.

IMG957263.jpg
IMG957253.jpg
IMG957262.jpg